Saturday, February 7, 2009

Do you ever get those times when you say you'll commit to something but then the someone asks you to something of equal importance on the same day? I'm sure everybody has .....but with me i seem to get them alot..... well of late anyway. Maybe because i'm newly in a relationship and its all new to me. Anyways, something like that happened to me today..... and i felt so torn saying no to one and yes to the other when both were equally important to me. So, what I did was make the obvious choice in helping out my friend when she was somewhat stuck in a predicament. By doing that though, I had to tell my boyfriend that i couldnt go to his church (again for like the umpteenth time) even though we had planned it ahead of time. When explaining it to him though i felt like i let him down .... again. Don't get me wrong..... he's very understanding and thats what i love about him...... but i always feel bad for doing stuff like that to him when he so doesn't deserve that. I know I made the right choice though. And he even convinced me over and over that he was not mad..... especially since he doesnt get mad easily. So then why do i still feel like a heel for doing this? Aarrgggg! I hate that about myself..... that i can constantly beat myself over and over about the stupidest things! AND.... do it on a regular basis! Maybe i do it because i am such a people pleaser and I hate disappointing others. I like serving and giving of myself and I hate coming up with lame excuses when I dont want to do stuff. Regardless, though, I need to STOP THIS!!!! Stop it and just pray that God will give me peace. Especially since i am such a worrier! And i want to leave the worrying to God since only He knows what the out come is anyways!
Enough said though....... that was my thoughts for today..... tomorrow is a new day.....

..... Maybe i will finish my song tomorrow too..... so much to do and so little time :)
Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. i hope you finish your song!!! it sounded beautiful! love you!

    ReplyDelete